WNC SELECTION ELECTION INFORMATION!
CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR THE WNC COUNCIL
The Westside Neighborhood Council will hold a Selection Election for all 17 seats on the Board of Directors.
Date: November 13, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Westside Pavilion
10800 W. Pico Boulevard
The Board Selection Process will be conducted in the style of a town hall meeting where Boardmembers are selected by a show of eligible voter hands. If you meet the criteria outlined in the WNC bylaws and the Acceptable Documents List, you will be eligible to vote and/or run for a residential or business seat on the Board of Directors.
The deadline for submitting a Candidate Application Form, along with 2 acceptable documents, is October 14, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
In order to be a candidate for one of the Board Seats, you must follow the directions listed below.
1. Click on "By Laws" on the left side of the screen.
2. Scroll down the By Laws to Attachment B which is the last section.
3. Locate the Board Seat you wish to run for.
4. Read the Candidate Eligibility description to determine if you meet the qualifications.
5. Please note: For the Business and Residential Seats, you must list a physical address in the appropriate geographic area; you cannot list a post office box for your address.
6. Click on "Acceptable Documents List" on the left side of the screen.
7. Find the section describing the seat you wish to run for.
8. You must have two (2) of the listed documents to include with the Candidate
9. Click on "Candidate Application Form."
10. You may complete the form online.
11. Print the Form.
12. Follow the directions on the Form to either mail, email or fax the Form, as well as the two (2) documents, as directed on the Form.
13. You may contact Bennett Cohon at (310) 8903679 to determine if he has received theform.
14. You will receive a notification indicating that the Form has been accepted and that you are a candidate, or that corrections to the form or documents are required in order to be a candidate.
15. If you have any questions about the process to become a Candidate, please contact Mr. Cohon at (310) 8903679.
The WNC meets at 7:00pm
the 2nd Thursday of each month
at the Westside Pavilion
Meeting Room A
(3rd floor behind the foodcourt)
Have a Love Affair with your Neighborhood
Check out our most recent WNC Success Stories